Here's my first post for the SMU-TESOL program. I'm not much a journal keeper and even less of a blogger. In the past, I had a Korean indie music website that I kept up quite frequently but eventually died a death. I can't even remember the password any more.
The course got off to a good start for me. The overviews looked like they had some meaty subjects which is what I wanted. I need to get into the brain-straining elements of teaching as the basics don't feel enough any more.
It's been 11 years since I last bought an academic textbook (I'd forgotten how expensive they are!) and I hope with the extra 11 years of maturity, I can maintain my initial enthusiasm right to the finish line. As I'm planning to continue on with the Masters, that finish line seems quite a long way off at the moment. More of a steeple chase than a marathon. What'll be the first water hazard?!
Unlike my Bachelors degree, this course not only has real-world uses, but has immediate real-world uses that I can start incorporating into my day job. Quite different to studying English lit.
So, in short, a good start that'll hopefully reinvigorate my teaching and give me the boost to get me back into academia sharpish.
I like your blog title! :)
ReplyDelete